(amended 5/13/1975, 8/12/1975, 9/1978, 6/7/1995, 1/07, 4/2013, 4/17/2019)
1) The Merrimack County Republican Committee (“County Committee”) shall consist of the number of members apportioned to it by the New Hampshire Republican State Committee (“NHRSC”). The County Committee members shall be elected for a two-year term by the Merrimack County Republican Party Nominees and Delegates to the State Convention, and shall take office at the January meeting following the fall elections or as soon thereafter as is reasonable practicable.
2) Associate membership status shall be conferred upon registered Republicans who reside in Merrimack County, attend meetings, and pay dues, if required. Associate members shall be entitled to participate in discussion and debate during meetings of the County Committee and shall have the right to vote on the business of the County Committee except with respect to the election of officers and the amendment of these Bylaws. Pursuant to Art. V, Section 1, B, of the NHRSC bylaws associate members shall not be voting members of the NHRSC and shall not be entitled to vote on official NHRSC business.
The County Committee shall manage the affairs of the Merrimack County Republican Party, direct the general policy and campaign activities of the Party organization, and perform all lawful or customary duties required of it.
1) At least six (6) regular meetings shall be held in each calendar year, including one in January of each year. Meeting dates for the two-year term shall be determined by a majority vote of the County Committee at the first meeting following the NHRSC Convention. If the County Committee fails to schedule or hold the requisite number of meetings, then the NHRSC Chairman shall set the date and place for said meetings. Additional meetings may be called by the County Chairman or upon the written request of four (4) County Committee members. Notice of County Committee meetings shall be emailed to each County Committee member at his or her last known email address at least three (3) days prior to each meeting. If the County Chairman determines that an extraordinary or emergency situation exists requiring lesser notice, a meeting may be called provided email and telephonic notice is given at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
2) All meetings are to be treated as Republican caucuses open to all Republicans, except when a majority of the County Committee determines that a discussion might introduce information or commentary tending to reflect adversely on the character or reputation of individual members of the County or State Committees. A majority vote of the County Committee is required prior to Media being permitted to attend individual meetings or events.
3) if a County Committee member fails to attend three (3) consecutive County Committee meetings, the Chairman shall communicate with such member to ascertain whether he or she wishes to continue as a member. If the member does not wish to continue as a member, the Chairman shall confirm the member’s resignation in writing and report a vacancy at the next meeting of the County Committee. Any member not attending at least three (3) meetings per calendar year shall be deemed to have resigned and to have authorized the Chairman to sign and submit, on the member’s behalf, a written letter of resignation in accordance with Art. I, Section 5 of the NHRSC bylaws. Any vacancy due to resignation shall be filled in accordance with the provisions of Article lll.
The officers of the County Committee shall consist of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, Treasurer, and Clerk, who shall compose the Executive Committee. Officers may be elected at the fall caucus when members of the County Committee are elected or at the January meeting. In either event, Officers shall take office at the January meeting following the fall elections or as soon thereafter as is reasonably practicable.
The Chairman shall be the chief executive officer and shall ensure that the County Committee complies with all duties as directed by the State Republican Party and as outlined in these Bylaws. The Chairman shall also ensure the County Committee maintains complete and accurate records and an up-to-date roster of all County Committee members and all Merrimack County Republican town chairs. The Chairman may appoint subcommittees of the County Committee for the purpose of formulating and presenting recommendations to the County Committee.
The Vice-Chairman, under the direction of the Chairman, shall assist the Chairman in the performance of his or her duties, and in the Chairman’s absence shall preside at meetings. In the event of the vacancy in the office of the Chairman, the Vice-Chairman shall become the acting Chairman until the vacancy has been filled and the County Committee elects a new Chairman.
The Treasurer shall receive all funds of the County Committee, shall keep proper books of account of all funds received and paid out, and shall render proper accounting to the County Committee at each meeting thereof. The Treasurer shall be fully accountable to the County Committee for his or her acts as Treasurer. The Treasurer shall make the financial records of the County Committee available to the Executive Committee upon request and shall provide a copy of the County Committee’s monthly bank statements to the Executive Committee promptly upon receipt.
The Treasurer shall be one of the signatories authorized to sign checks on the County Committee’s treasury, and he or she shall pay the bills of the County Committee upon written authorization of the County Committee Chairman. All checks in excess of $500, and all checks payable to the Treasurer in his or her individual capacity, shall have two signatures, those of the Treasurer and of the Chairman.
The Clerk shall perform all duties and responsibilities usual to the office. He or she shall keep minutes of all proceedings of the County Committee and shall keep and be custodian of the permanent books and records of the County Committee, except the financial records.
D. Finance Chair:
The members of the County Committee may elect a Finance Chair who shall be responsible for formulating a County fundraising program and directing implementation of such program as authorized by the Committee.
E. Executive Committee:
The Executive Committee shall consist of the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer, Clerk and Finance Chair, if any. The Executive Committee shall have the authority to act for the full County Committee by majority vote of all of its members when necessary between meetings of the County Committee.
Vacancies in the County Committee and Executive Committee membership shall be filled by nomination and election at a regular meeting.